Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Medical Monday




Well it was too good to last - my in-grown toenail decided to spit the dummy. Luckily I had obtained the number of an English speaking Doctor last week who was able to see me this morning. He looked at me and he shook his head and said that the nail needed to be removed so I thought lets get it over with and he removed a part of the offending nail then and there. It wasn't that painful really and I was very brave. But I am getting sick of looking at wounds I can tell you (I had a skin cancer removed before we left). Luckily it is raining here in Rome so I am taking it easy for a few days and reading.

I took the opportunity to get my hair washed and cut today with the hairdresser next door - its nice to have all the conveniences at your doorstep. The salon has the ancient brick work from Pompey's theatre exposed behind glass and a wonderful wooden ceiling - forgot my camera when I went out so I will take a photo of it tomorow. Here is a photo of people queuing in the rain for very famous cod in our square - very strange.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

Poor Karen - take it easy and get well soon XXX
Love the market shots

KP said...

Thanks Sharron - we are off to Tuscany this week so you will be getting more countryside shots soon - I see you are a follower of the blog thats nice love Karen