Friday, April 24, 2009

Liz goes home



Said goodbye to Liz today, my partner in crime. Made a vow that this week will see fewer gelatis, no lunch time proseccos and a reduction in cakes. So I visited a few churches to bed this vow down. Wandered around the Monti area which is just behind Trajan's markets and the Colosseum, a confusing but charming part of Rome. Saw the chains which alledgedly encircled St Peter in the Basilica of St. Peter-in-chains. Then I visited Trajan's forum which has lots of beautiful views and cats resting in the sun.

Felt a bit lazy today so had a big siesta and then visited a few museums as I think the week of free museums must be coming to an end - We must have saved about $200 each as a result of Rome's birthday - must be time for a new pair of shoes due to those savings! I am fascinated by the area around the apartment which is built into the remains of Pompey's theatre so today's photos show the inside of the theatre which is now an apartment block. The back of our apartment is I think in the left of the photo but it is hard to be sure. The bells are ringing so it must be time for a glass of vino.

No comments: