Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Etruscan villa day



Today, we visited the Etruscan Museum in the Villa Giulia, a lovely villa near Monte Pincio which is a bit of a hike but we did it all with public transport. It has a fabulous jewellry collection which we loved and a fantastic frescoed loggia. I let Liz do a bit of shopping today and let her off the church trail for a day.

On the way to the restaurant to meet Hugh's colleagues Luigi and Carlo we came across a wonderful ceramic shop with gorgeous hand-made bowls and jugs - if only Australia was not so far away! Ceramic bowls are a bad idea I kept telling myself.

We had been to this lovely restaurant 5 years ago with Carlo and unfortunately I was not as hungry as I needed to be to do it justice, so this time I remembered not to eat too much before going. It is famous for its antipasti - I counted 12 plates of delicious food most of it vegetarian which made Liz and I very happy. We finished with Limoncello and a delicous bowl of raspberries and lemon gelati to die for. Such a wonderful night - Hugh is lucky to have such nice colleagues.

2 comments:

Karen Gillow said...

Hello Luigi and Carlo! Will you take me there for dinner if I ever get to Italy!! Oh the envy! K2 x

KP said...

You will get here k2 I can feel it in my bones K1