Monday, May 4, 2009

Last Sunday and Monday in Rome



It makes me sad to think these are our last few days in Rome - still so much to see and do. I have been pottering around my local area due to foot convalescence and discovering new things all the time. I have been buying up lots of nice green things at the market in order to keep my vow of healthy living (at least for a few days). We entertained another Israeli colleague, called Salit for drinks on Sunday as Hugh is involved in a workshop about vultures with her today. Looks like we will be going to Israel next trip!

I forgot to show the view from the aptly named Hotel Forum (where I had birthday drinks) last post so here it is today. I am also including a picture of the virgin, of which there are many in this area, which can be found on the corner of buildings. Apparently in the 16th and 17th centuries (when no-one had maps I guess) pilgrims would be able to find their way from St Peters to San Giovanni (St John's) along this specially signposted pilgrims way - the via Peregrinorum.

1 comment:

Karen Gillow said...

What do you mean "next trip"???? K2