Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cold Showers and communication troubles




So when we got home the hot water service broke and we had to take cold showers for a few days. Hugh said he thought it was good for our carbon footprint and we should always have cold showers - I think he is going overboard with this environmental stuff. It took three visits to fix the problem and one realizes how difficult it is not speaking Italian properly - you have to communicate a lot with your hands! Then we were cut off from the world completely as the internet connection failed - to get a signal for the phone you have to walk around outside or go up the hill and hope for the best.

But all is fixed now and my blogging can continue - I fear I am becoming addicted and am always thinking of getting a photo for my blog and what to put in it. It just shows that we humans can become addicted to anything very easily. One of the pictures is of my washing hut which has wonderful views over the valley - makes hanging out washing fun. The other photo is a picture of one of Luigis's horses - I never seem to have my camera ready when they are both outside together. Just so you know the other horse is black.

Hugh has a workshop on Habitat Modelling which starts tomorrow and we have people coming in from all over the place - sounds like more wining and dining to me. We have bought some serious maps and plan to do some nice walks around the area this week- there are some nice castles and ruined churches for me and lots of woods for Hugh. Buona sera.

No comments: