Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back in Tuscany



Well it sure is nice to be back home! Tuscany is starting to feel like home - it is nice to be able to do your own cooking and do no sightseeing. Who would have thought I would ever say that? I drove the car today to the nearest village to buy provisions - spent the whole time in 2nd gear practically as the roads are very narrow and winding. But one has to face one's fears I believe and now I feel I can drive to villages and get back on the sightseeing horse. Perhaps tomorrow.

We are doing a lot of walking in the woods and seeing many new plants. Today's picture is of a cute spotted orchid that we saw yesterday. There are wild cyclamen, buttercups and native lavender to name just a few - all in flower. It is nice to be here in spring. Luigi has a lot of gorgeous climbing roses in the garden growing over walls - I felt like an English country lady yesterday taking my basket and filling it with red and yellow roses for our house.

Luigi and his wife Stefania have arrived for the weekend and we are planning a dinner for tonight together. Here is a picture of Hugh playing with their big dog Jacco (I am not sure of spelling here!) Luigi also has two horses - perhaps I will get their photo tomorrow. Arriverderci!

3 comments:

Karen Gillow said...

Love to see you working Hugh, especially in the bare feet! I guess it is Sunday there now. Say Hi to Luigi, if he remembers me. Hope dinner in the pig house went well. K1 my admiration for you continues to grow - you are brave doing the driving. How gorgeous to be an English Lady in Tuscany, collecting roses! Sigh - Envy taking over again! Ciao! K2 xx Oh, and I forgot your birthday K1 - SORRY!!! Happy Bday for early May - hope that mean husband bought you something lovely!

Karen Gillow said...

Hi K1, just another comment to say that I have back-tracked over the days I missed reading about. Your blog is GREAT! I added a few comments here and there, but must retire now. Keep up the good work, I am enjoying it immensely. Love K2 xx

KP said...

Thankyou Karen - it is nice hear from you - I am sneakily trying to get Hugh to work less but Luigi went and put in a wireless internet connection for him. Drat - but I suppose it means I can do my blog - it is really quite addictive!