Monday, May 18, 2009

Bella Toscana




I think this might be the last time you see the blue top (thank goodness I hear you say) as it is getting warmer - might be time to break out the summer clothes. Had a fun time with Luigi and Stefania drinking nice vin santo (dessert wine) and eating yummy food. Hugh has given me a sore throat but I am trying Italian herbal medicine which appears to be working. Mind you I am very susceptible to suggestion and the placebo effect. I went along our road yesterday practicing my driving skills to a village called Pentolina which has been bought in its entirety by a Swiss German conglomerate as a vacation resort re-named Hapimag! It is very bizarre and explains why so many Mercedes whiz down our little road.

Today we bravely drove to Siena and found a park - that is much more of an achievement than it sounds let me tell you. We had a lovely time wandering around looking at art and churches - well at least I did - Hugh got a bit grizzly and said his feet hurt in his sandals and could he have a coffee etc? This is the same man who can walk for ten hours in the hot sun with no water, watching birds. Go figure that out. Although to be fair Hugh made me go on a forest walk last night and I started complaining too after about 20 minutes of no castles and no views. It is surprising we have stayed together for these last 24 years really! Perhaps opposites do attract after all.

2 comments:

Karen Gillow said...

You look gorgeous in your blue top, so don't fret about that. It is amazing that you've been together 24 years - that is, amazing that anyone has been married that long to the one person!

Can you put up a photo of Luigi's castle - I'd love to see it!

Keep well, and don't let the grizzly bear upset you too much!

K2 xx

KP said...

Yes it is a long time! The castle photo is coming - I just haven't got there yet- it has to be authentic you see love K1