Friday, July 17, 2009

Fare thee well Peter



Todays photo is of the boys having fun at Peter's farewell dinner. Apparently Grzegorz and Peter skipped off together into the woods and gathered blueberries for our dessert. There were enough blueberries to feed ten people rather than four. But they were very yummy and so nice to eat berries fresh from the forest. So Swedish. I spent the day in Lindesberg shopping for the gala event and enjoying the sun - it seems like spring rather than summer weather, but I am not complaining as at least it has stopped raining.

After making all those jokes last post about moose paraphenalia I am now a bit cross with myself for not buying this adorable stuffed moose toy I saw in Lund. I broke the first rule of travelling which is: if you see it and like it, for god's sake just buy it as you will regret it if you don't. Well, yesterday I searched Lindesberg high and low for stuffed mooses to no avail. All too tasteful and not right. That will teach me to break the rules! So I am on a mission now I have actually seen said moose, to buy something moosey.

The other photo is of the attack horses looking harmless (see back in the woods post) but that could have been because they were safely restrained behind an electric fence. Hugh returned a little disconsolate on Wednesday from the woodpecker mission because they didn't see any woodpeckers and its hard to save things you can't see. He has been bugging me to say something for some time so I will kindly give him some space - he really should get his own blog.

Karen has blogger's block so I am stepping in to fill in the nasty white space that could be mis-interpreted as brain failure or inherent lack of imagination. Readers of Karen's witty words may be under a couple of misconceptions. First, that I'm having fun - fun is not a thing that I do. Second, that I drink too much because all photos of me include a glass of alcohol. On that point I would just note that "too much" is a relative term and it is not at all true that my entire cellular system is now alcohol-, rather than water-, based. Back to her highness, my bottle of skåne akvavit is calling me ...

It is true - he has a bottle in his office. Such a disgrace - he will give Australians a bad name. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Karen Gillow said...

I can vouch for Hugh ... fun is not something he does - at least not at work! Ha ha!

Wait till you see your new office!

KP said...

What new office?