Monday, July 6, 2009

Back in the woods



I drove into Lindesberg on Sarurday to stock up on supplies - it is quite a challenge shopping without knowing what any of the ingredients are but I managed. I never thought I would be saying this, but it is quite nice to be able to cook your own food after 2 weeks of rich restaurant food. Today's photo is of the famous Midsummer flower which has nearly disappeared now. The wildflowers are remarkable here - after 2 weeks everything is quite different.

Hugh and I went on a big walk around the lake yesterday and I was very intrepid, walking through bogs and not being afraid of bugs - luckily I was wearing my tropical strength insect repellent so I was mostly left alone. The water is quite warm now (my feet got wet) and Hugh is talking about swimming in the lake - it is not quite warm enough for me however. Unfortunately the weather has turned cold and rainy today so I am starting to think that the sauna might be quite a good idea! I hope there are birch twigs.

On the way back from the walk, these ponies started chasing us - I think they thought we might feed them, so naturally I panicked and ran. Hugh thinks my fears are funny so he says "Save yourself - I'll hold them off". So I ran but felt a little bad about leaving my loved one to the wild beasts, so I bravely turned around to help and found him laughing and being surrounded by ponies trying to herd him. I felt a little sheepish then but you never know with animals in the forest - I've seen the movies.

In the evenings which are not so light now, we head off to the old white house pictured in an earlier blog and watch DVD's - it is good fun although we rarely agree about what to watch. I have a nice stack of books to read thanks to England and Hugh has his computer game so we are all set. I am enjoying this life of no responsibilities and even better no housework!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

no housework, how are you pulling that off? Someone coming in to look after you guys?

KP said...

No we just don't make a lot of mess - mind you maybe I should sweep soon!

Anonymous said...

I envy you for your time for visiting great places.I love your flower picture and I want to ask you to recommend some books to me.Thanks.

Unknown said...

More sighing ....

Unknown said...

Love the horse story - I am afraid I probably would have run too - more afraid of horses than any other animal! Way to big and way to intelligent - yes, I've seen the movies too!

KP said...

Thanks Mela - do you want the names of some plant books or travel guides? Cheers Karen